Here we go...I'm going to give this blog thing a try. Over the past six years while growing Woolies Quality Clothier (previously Dos Gringas Collection) to what it is today, I have had the opportunity to meet so many inspiring, motivating, funny, intelligent, artistic, talented, random, fabulous people. I have been able to develop relationships with several of my customers, as well as fellow roadies that travel from show-to-show just as I do.
Over the past six months, this crazy dream I call a business and career has grown immensely, and I haven't had the opportunity to form a personal relationship with as many of my newer customers as I would like. Maybe starting on a blogging journey about all things Woolies, life on the ranch, adventures on the road, personal fashion favorites, and more will allow you each a glimpse into my crazy life and understand what Woolies really is - a lifestyle. With that, I 100% look forward to interacting with you via the comment section and your blogs/social media accounts as well.
To start, I thought it would be fun to give you 10 random or little known facts about me. Here we go...
1. My husband, Andy, is my very best friend and absolute favorite person to do things with. Some may think it's weird, but Andy is ALWAYS my first pick for an adventure buddy. He is one of the only people I can be around 24/7 without needing "me" time. His demanding role on the ranch prevents him from always being by my side, but I'm always missing him during new experiences and adventures, especially when it comes to food or drink.
2. I LOVE rings - hands down my biggest jewelry obsession. Oddly enough, I never wear more than three at a time (and one is my wedding ring) so they each spend a lot of time in the jewelry box. It hasn't stopped me from picking up these beauties whenever I see fit.
3. Dogs are my mojo. I am a total dog person! I find myself always greeting the dog(s) first when I walk in a home, barn, store...anywhere there may be a dog. I definitely have my breed preferences, but I would take every last one if I could.
4. Nerdy by Nature: that's me! I love, love, love learning. Whether it be on my horse, in class, on my own, or even in a precarious situtation - it doesn't matter. I have an insatiable appetite for knowledge. I have a Master's degree in Multimedia Communication, and the idea of getting a PhD has crossed my mind a time or two. In the meantime, I'll sell clothes.
5. I spent my younger years dreaming I was Sonora Webster from Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. I also watched that movie as much as I possibly could and had the BIGGEST crush on Al (swoon!). Turns out, not much has changed.
6. Cities - mainly traffic - give me a minor case of anxiety. While I grew up in the city and loved it, I always hoped that I would one day be able to live the ranch life. Lucky me!. My husband and I reside on his family's ranch in the most beautiful place in all the land - Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Ranch life fits me to a tee. Sometimes I miss having a Target within 2 hours, but I now get anxious when I head to the city...especially sitting in the traffic.
7. I could eat pasta every day for the rest of my life and die a happy woman.
8. My husband and I dated for 8 years, were engaged for 8 months, and have been married for 9 months. Six of those first eight years were long distance. What does Cody say in 8 Seconds: "Love knows no boundries?" It may seem crazy to some, but it was perfect for us. We both had a lot of personal to dos to get checked off before settling down.
9. It is much easier to keep the barn spotless than the house. Ha. Maybe that has something to do with my need to be outside and not cooped up. Bring on summer!
10. I am DEATHLY afraid of rodents. Bring on all the spiders and snakes you want, but do NOT allow me to see (or even think) there is such a critter around.